Last night I drove Beth's car up to Dayton because I had to drive it back to Cincy and...well, it's a long story but basically I had Beth's car and dog and she had neither and needed both back after the weekend.
Luckily, we found someone who works at Cincinnati who commutes from Dayton every day so I drove Beth's car up to Dayton and then I got a ride with this woman we'll call Kathy (to protect the innocent of course) to work. Kathy is actually really really nice and I couldnt think of a bad thing to say about her. We chatted the whole way down to Cincy and it made the time go by quicker. I am impressed that she can do this drive every day. With traffic it took us probably around an hour and 10 minutes to get to work, and that was getting to work at 8:40, which is missing most of the rush hour crap. I cannot imagine driving that drive about 30 or 40 minutes earlier. It would suck.
The dilemma I will soon have to face is what Beth and I are going to do about finding a place to live and who will have a bigger commute. Houses are sooo much cheaper in Dayton than they are in Cincinnati. For example, we saw a house that the master bedroom was 12 x 12 and the house cost around $250,000. Like this one for example. That is ridiculous. Where you can get a house in Dayton for that price and have a mansion. Obviously we don't need a mansion and would be ecstatic to have two bathrooms since we both hog the mirror. But the driving is what will be the interesting part. Not sure how we're gonna work that part out. We've talked about working somewhere in the middle but there's nothing IN the middle so that would suck as well. Not to mention that Beth is much busier with recruits and stuff than I am so she would be constantly driving back and forth and it would suck on the weekends... I guess it's a little early to be thinking about it, but it's constantly in the back of my mind.
Oh well, better get back to my excel spreadsheets and my Tim Horton's coffee.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment