What in the world is going on? Apparently everyone decided to tell the world this weekend that they are gay. And why do they (or did they) play doctors on TV?? Here's the latest!
Doogie Howser, MD
Dr. George O'Malley from Grey's Anatomy
****
In unrelated news, but good news, Beth and I went to church this weekend. I must admit, I thought the church we were going to was gonna be way too fake in terms of the people in charge. I'm used to fake people in the congregation. There are fake people everywhere, so you just have to get used to it. I will say that this church was actually pretty fun and pretty impressive. Of course it's totally "corporate"... you can get free coffee or soda in the common area and bring it into the auditorium (not a sanctuary...) and there are CUP HOLDERS in the seats that are like movie theatre seats. Okay, so at first this was all kind of too much. But they designed a cool "stage" with the current sermon series theme on it. I will say it was pretty entertaining. I don't know if church is supposed to be entertaining but this one was. The preacher used to work at Proctor & Gamble in advertising. You can see that he's talented in what he did. He also made mention during the sermon that he took a 65% pay cut when he left that job to start preaching.
One of my favorite parts was the "greeting"...you know how you are supposed to take time and great the people around you? Well, this week, the woman greeting everyone said "The high-five is back, so turn to your neighbor and give them a high-five and tell them 'The high-five is back.'" Hilarious. I saw two guys chest bump. it was great to see elderly people giving high-fives.
Anyways, it's called Crossroads for anyone who wants to see more about this place.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
high-five on the louis-vitton blog backdrop!
doogie... are you serious? i've seen harold and kumar, so i didn't see this one coming.
i don't think it's louis-VITTON. sounds pretty trailer park to me, spellmaster. haha
Post a Comment