Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Catching up

Okay, I'm sorry, I don't have a reason as to why I haven't updated this recently. So i'll try to do a summary of what's been going on. Ready......go.

***

I finally got to make a trip over to StL over the Veteran's Day holiday a few weeks ago. I got to see Spamalot at the Fox Theatre with my parents, Alex and his gf Kate. Good show. I wouldn't say it's the best musical in the world, but it was funny and different and had some unique aspects to it. The best part about it was that it made fun of musicals in general.

That weekend we also had Thanskgiving dinner. My parents are going to be up at my grandma's house in Syracuse, Alex will be with Kate in Rockford and I will also be in Chicago/Rockford with Beth for Thanskgiving and for .... my 10 yr high school reunion. More on that in a minute. So dinner was great, and then i got confused and thought I should be watching "It's a Wonderful Life" or football or some movie or something b/c I forgot it wasn't ACTUALLY Thanksgiving. While I was home, I also got some Fortel's Pizza and some Ted Drewes Frozen Custard....yum. I brought back some toasted ravioli with me to tie me over til I'm back in StL again. On Sunday my mom made some homemade macaroni and cheese before I left which topped off the weekend so nicely.

***

This past weekend, since my parents were on their way to Syracuse, they stopped in to see me and my place and everything. I swear to God, these people wear me out. Not only did we go to the Cincinnati Museum of Natural History and the Museum of the City of Cincinnati, we also went to a German Christmas festival thing in the Northwest part of the Cincinnati area. It was nice to get a beer and a brat (or if you're my dad, a half chicken and a beer; or if you're my mom, a beer and a limburger cheese sandwich) but the live music was killing me. It was a guy on stage with an accordian and he knew about three Christmas songs and he would just play them over and over and over. And to top that off, there were all these kids with bells who would skip around in a circle while he was singing. It was horrible.

Also that weekend, Beth got to go to the Ohio State-Michigan game. Yes, THAT game. She has some pretty great pics from it. I'll post them sometime soon.

***

Yesterday i went and did the drivers license thing and the car registration thing so now i am all Ohio-y. What sucks is that the picture taker person was NOT a good one. She didn't ask me if i liked my picture or anything. So of course i hate my picture on my license. I think my face looks fat and it really doesn't look like me! I was pissed. While I was waiting to get my license, these two brothers were in there trying to get the one a state id. They both smelled like cigarettes, b.o. and garbage mixed together. The older brother, who looked like Axel Rose a little bit, turned to me and said "That's my kid brother. I haven't seen him in a really long time!" I mean, i wasn't even looking at this guy and he starts talking to me. His brother's trying to get this state id because apparently he has done something to make the state take away his drivers license for 6 months. The no-ID brother looked real nice...his pants were barely pulled up past his knees. I do not understand that phenomenon....

***

The UC mbb team lost to Wofford last night. I don't even know where Wofford is. Or what Wofford's mascot is. Or what conference Wofford is part of. And UC lost to them. How does that happen, even when you're rebuilding.

***

Tonight Beth and I head to Chicago for the weekend. It will just be me, Beth and her mom since Beth's dad is over in Taiwan right now. We may possibly have two thanksgiving dinners this weekend...one with some of beth's friends from h.s. and their family and one with Beth's mom. So that would bring my total to 3 for this year. Kind of insane.

Finally, this weekend is my 10 year h.s. reunion. Beth is going with me...my dad was shocked that I'd actually introduce her as my girlfriend. I'm not sure what he thought I'd tell people... Anyways, I'm going to hang out with Amber (and Matt) and Steph (and Brandon) before the reunion over at Steph's parent's house where i'm sure we'll partake in some sort of alcoholic beverages. I'm most interested to see who looks the same and who has either lost a lot of weight or gained a lot. I'm not sure how some of my old friends will react to the new me but I really don't care. I think I'll end up just hanging out with my core group of friends and that will be it. Alex will be at the bar next door i think, so he and Kate will probably crash the party. And then Beth knows someone in a town nearby so he will probably show up as well to hang out. It actually could be pretty fun.

Hope you all have a great and safe holiday weekend!!!

1 comment:

Nick said...

those lazy, hazy, crazy summer days are gone...