Monday, November 27, 2006

Being a high school student and being sick

As you know from my last blog, my 10 year h.s. reunion was this past weekend. Mostly, it was uneventful but of course you know something stupid had to happen.

First, let me say that our little gift for coming was a dumb coffee mug that said "Go Vikes" on it. We were the vikings and we never called ourselves the Vikes. So I was already annoyed. The people who were fake in h.s. were still fake. People don't change, I guess. Well unless you're me! haha.

So we go inside and I talk w/some people from my class. Most everyone was about the same. A few have gained a little weight but nothing too drastic. I did see a girl who has lost a TON of weight since h.s. which was pretty impressive. She looked amazing.

We decided that Beth's nametag should say "GAY girlfriend of Megan Watson" so we changed that. When Beth went up to get some food, Matt took her beer cup and wrote on it "This is Megan's girlfriend's beer" or something like that. Wonderful. Actually everyone was pretty cool about things.

However, near the end, after Alex and Kate got there and we were all hanging out in the hallway, Beth and Matt went in to get more beer. Well, some guy, the husband of Sara Branca (who by the way got a nose job) asked Matt and Beth who they were. Really i think he was just pissed that the beer was out. So he goes and gets Sara and she pulls on Beth's shirt trying to read her nametag b/c she doesn't believe she's with me. Once Sara realizes her error, she tries to cover for herself, saying she just wants to try and get people out on the dance floor. Whatever. Well, Beth decides that this is a great idea, so she comes and grabs me from the hallway and we go in and are the ONLY people along with Amber and Matt who are out there dancing. And of course we have to kiss on the dance floor. Oh it was a good time. And at the end Beth made sure to thank Sara for SUCH a lovely evening. haha. This one girl I used to play basketball with was there and is also not the most sincere person i've ever met...anyway, she came out on the dancefloor and yells in amber's ear... "I didn't know megan was a lesbian!" haha. oh my god.

On top of all that, I had been getting sick since we got to Chicago. So all the smoke from being at this party was not good for my lungs. I've gotten worse and yesterday I slept all morning. Everyone at my office is sick today also, though, so I guess it's just going around.

It was cool to be in Chicago again. There's always a lot to do and I got to eat some Portillo's before I left. We also had thanksgiving dinner over at Leslie's house. Leslie is one of Beth's friends growing up. They had about 20 people over for dinner. She has a twin sister, Michelle, and both of them are just so nice and so great. So that was good. Beth definitely has some great friends.

On a totally different subject, our head football coach is about to be the new head coach at Michigan State. Whoa! So um....yeah...should be interesting to get a new coach in here and see what happens. Not to mention that it will be nearly impossible to keep a bunch of students motivated who don't really have a coach now! Can't wait!!!

I still can't believe the Ags beat Texas this past weekend. I don't understand how that happened.

No comments: