yes, it snowed here today. only briefly. but i can't remember the last time i was watching snow fall outside my window. maybe 2003? it's funny because i'm so excited about it now, but you know that in december i'll be writing on here complaining about how it's snowing again and the traffic sucks and i need new boots already.
****
this weekend was pretty action-packed! Beth, Jamie (works at ISU) and I met up with one of Beth's friends (Jen), at the Indigo Girls concert in Columbus. I've never been to columbus before. It was actually really great. I really liked it. There's tons of bands that come through there and great restaurants and stuff. I was totally impressed. Lisa Lampinelli is going to be there in december..i may have to go. So that was saturday night. They served us beer in those 2-lb plastic tubs that you put potato salad in. it was great.
****
Sunday we got up early and drove back to Cincinnati to walk in this thing called Memory Walk for Alzheimer's. It was a 5K. Me, Beth and Shylo all walked. It was fun, but cold. it was really neat to walk across the bridges over the river and kind of see the city. It was very nice. and we got free stuff like water and food and backpacks and key rings and a shirt.
The best part was that beth was worried we couldn't bring her dog on the walk. there were dogs EVERYWHERE! including a very large but very nice irish wolfhound which was the size of a pony. or maybe a small horse. a baby horse. i saw it poop. it wasn't pretty.
****
later this week Brooke comes into town! yay! I have absolutely no idea what we'll be doing while she's here, but i'll try to make it fun.
****
The cardinals pulled out game one of the world series. What? I can't believe it. can you repeat that???? and Reyes was the pitcher. huh. who would have guessed. certainly not i. but i'm gonna wear my cardinals socks tonight and pray for another victory. and then i may have to drive to st. louis on wednesday afternoon. :)
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment