Tuesday, October 31, 2006

That's a Winner!!!

Seriously. I can't believe it. I cannot believe the Cardinals won the World Series. Keep in mind, the last time the Cardinals won the World Series I was 4 yrs old. I've seen them lose to the Royals, I've seen them lose to the Twins, I've seen them lose to the Red Sox (who thought they'd ever be able to say that!). Last Friday, I got to finally see them win!
Beth was of course pointing out to me that i'm the most negative fan she's ever seen. I pretty much convince myself all the time that the worst is about to happen. I mean there were two men on in the top of the 9th inning for pete's sake. it's not like it was totally wrong of me to think that something might have gone terribly awful at that point in time. They had the rookie closer in who isn't even a closer. And Inge was up, which isn't the worst player by any means. He was like the MVP for the Tigers in the series.

So let's post a few pictures of the year in review...











Saying goodbye to the old Busch Stadium...

Opening Day at the new Busch Stadium




Close to losing the race for the top spot in the NL Central


Beating the Padres in the NLDS

Beating the Mets in the NLCS


Winning in Game 5 of the World Series over Detroit
(Revenge for 1968)

No comments: