Wednesday, February 21, 2007

President's Day Weekend was a little different this year...

As you know, President's Day weekend is always the craziest weekend of the year for me (well depending on how the N4A National Conference goes). This year kind of reminded me of the 2nd official year as it was kind of a joke and not totally planned.

I was up in Dayton for the weekend with Beth and I was driving up there Friday. I get a phone call from her:
B: "Something bad happpened!"
M: "Are you okay?" (thinking something actually bad happened)
B: "I'm at Kramer's (a bar) and I'm kind of tipsy. Are you mad?"
M: "No I'm not mad! Can we celebrate President's Day tonight?"
B: "Okay!"

So i get to Dayton and we are at Kramer's...this place is hilarious. It's also a good pizza joint but the funny part is that you can only buy beer in 40's. We had a bunch of Beth's co-workers with us who made it a little more fun as well. One of them dared to ask these people for their green shirts (from some h.s. in town that was having a reunion or alum gathering). She asked one lady for her shirt and the lady was so mean and said no of course. Well then Beth went in the bathroom and saw a huge box of those little nylon backpack bags that had stuff about this same h.s. so she grabbed one of those instead of a t-shirt. She hid it in the most obvious place...in the crotch of her pants............

After that, a bunch of us headed to this place called the Shroyer Inn. Beth and I always pass it on the way to her apartment and we kept saying we wanted to go in. Well we finally did. Talk about some scary people. The bar was stocked...I thought it would be more like the Black & Gold Tavern...this dive that was famous in Columbia, MO that only served beer in cans. Anyway, we stayed there for a bit but they weren't following the smoking ban and I couldnt' handle it for too long. Before we left, Beth bought me one "crazy sprite" which is what she calls a vodka sprite because they make me act crazy.

Then we headed to the most hilarious part of the night...the trip to Club Masque. If you might be able to guess from the name, it is a gay bar... And it's one that is marketed more for the gay men. Oh and on the way Beth decides she desperately needs to pee. So I had to pull over so she could pee in a big huge pile of snow! Anyway, we get there and we're walking around...we end up back at the bar next to this little tiny gay man named Wade. Wade's kind of a geek but pretty nice. Well, i was not aware that this was going to be a bar where men danced on top of the bar with only a little tiny thong on.... So Beth gets a 20 dollar bill converted into all 1's and we start giving them out....She even gave some to Wade! We talked to probably half the guys who were walking around on the bar. We told one guy we thought he was "stuffing" his little pants and he said "No I'm not, look for yourself" and we sure did look. It was crazy. A guy was gyrating in Beth's face. hahahaha. Oh wow, it was quite a night.

The next day I felt like CRAP!!! My head hasn't felt that bad in quite some time. I'm not sure if it was more from the smoke or from the alcohol. Probably a combo of the two. Definitely a good president's day...next year i'll have to make sure to bring the stickers, though!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I was wondering about your plans this year, as I didn't get an evite. :'(

Nick said...

Why didn't our President Day parties include guys in tiny thongs?


Lea