Monday Beth and I watched the season finale of the Bachelor Season 1,356. Well, Beth was actually going to watch it by herself (I have only watched off and on and stopped watching after he kicked off Jillian) but I started watching and never got up. I must say, this has been the most talked about finale that I can remember. It seemed like everyone was watching. It is really hard for me to watch the show because it's just so ridiculous. Here are my reasons:
- Jason continually calls them "girls" when they are all at least in their mid-20's. Welcome to the 21st century, Jason.
- The show takes place over two months. No one should truly be in love w/anyone in 2 months. Especially when you are trapped in a house and cannot have any contact whatsoever with the outside world. Creeptastic.
- I feel awful for Melissa, the one who got proposed to and then dumped on national television after he changed his mind. If he was conflicted, he should have picked NEITHER. If he had lost interest in Melissa, I believe the best way to dump her is NOT on television.
- I would be pretty wary if I were Molly. How do you trust someone's feelings if he just got done telling the other "girl" that he thought he loved her but he was wrong?
Sadly, I liked Jillian and truly love her Canadian accent. I will be watching Bachelorette. *sigh*
Tuesday night we had Wright State's first round of the Horizon League tournament. As you know, I have worked at Mizzou, Texas A&M and Cincinnati before I worked here. It is really hard to see such small crowds at their games and (probably linked) hard to watch this level of basketball sometimes. They are all great guys and great coaches, but I think I've seen one dunk this season and when I go to Dayton games with Beth I see an average of 3 dunks per game. Anyway, the team won and they're on their way to Indy for their 2nd round against UW-Milwaukee.
Wednesday was of course LOST night. I watched both hours (the first hour is the previous week's episode with little tidbits of info you may not have caught on the first go around). Poor Beth, she always asks her questions during the show. I'm always shushing her. haha. This show is so full of info, you can't miss anything. I should really have a pen and pad ready all the time. Questions are reserved for commercial breaks!
Tonight we are watching Dayton vs. Xavier. It's at Xavier. Dayton hasn't won there in years. It was looking promising until one of the forwards got injured in practice yesterday or the day before. Wonderful! I don't know that they've had a fully healthy team vs Xavier EVER. Talk about bad luck.
***
And of course, the big news for next week is that I'm going to Texas for a long weekend! i cannot wait!!! All I have been doing is thinking about the food I want to eat. Freebirds, La Bodega, Blue Baker, some kolaches, queso from every single place I visit, etc. I also can't wait to see all my friends from A&M and also from Mizzou (who will be there for NCAA track). I am also looking forward to hearing some awesomely bad songs at Madhatter's and having a shot of something at the Dry Bean. AND I get to watch an Aggie baseball game. Life cannot get better!

2 comments:
I have to think the editors had *something* to do with the awfulness that was the finale and aftershow. It seemed pretty clear throughout the finale who he was going to choose.
Unrelated - Melissa is now on Dancing with the Stars season 3983!
Well you got to do almost all of those things. You didn't get queso at La Bodega (or any food for that matter) and you didn't get a shot at Dry Bean...but you did get a shot and did have a "dance-off", so hopefully those things will make up for it.
Post a Comment