I will be headed to Chicago this weekend for Easter. I should clarify that I'm only stopping in the city one day and that most of the time will be spent in the suburbs. I know Amber reads this post and takes offense when I call Schaumburg part of Chicago. :)
Anyway, we are driving up tomorrow morning...I can't say I'm looking forward to the weather. I think it's supposed to snow two of the days we're there. I AM looking forward to a few things...Barnaby's Pizza, which I haven't tried before, some kind of ice cream because I gave it up for lent, and some Portillos. I hear there's a place called Nick's that is supposedly better than Portillo's (which I believe is impossible), so I might have to search out that place when i'm there. I'm also looking forward to Beth's mom's cooking. It's always yummy!
Have a great easter and for the love of pete, don't send me any peeps.
I got this picture today from Brooke:


4 comments:
What did you do while you were in the actual city?
This has nothing to do with your post, but just wanted to say I saw the documentary you're watching...Paper Clips. Pretty interesting story.
And by the way, wish I could have been with you all in Chicago. And it IS Chicago. You guys gotta think like Angelenos - if it's in LA County, it is considered LA. Cook County is Chicago baby, all the way!!!
We never got into the city this time. due in part to snow and in part to the fact that we ate so much and also in part because we spent a whole day shopping at carson's and at ikea.
Post a Comment