The trip from Cincy to Lexington was pretty boring (except for seeing this as I went through Florence) but only about 1.5 hours. I was pretty impressed with the outside of Rupp. It's kind of part of this bigger building called the Lexington Center with Rupp kind of just in the middle. They've obviously built around it. But the front is really nice with a fountain and stuff.
So I walk into Rupp...I have to say it could be updated a lot, but at the same time it's cool to see an OLD arena that has tradition. All the ushers still wear those bright blue blazers and it just feels cool. Then Louisville obviously had a great play or something in their blow-out game against Stanford because the crowd erupted like crazy. I'd say about 75% of the whole arena was Louisville fans. The 5% of Kentucky fans that were there definitely boo'ed Pitino apparently when the UL/Stanford game started. Yikes!
Watching the A&M game was fun but nerve-wracking. I really couldn't relax until there was a minute left in the game. Seriously I feel bad for Red Sox fans or Cubs fans or (fill in your "team that always finds a way to lose" here) fans. I was just waiting for someone to drain 5 3-pointers in a row to tie it.
After the game I finally got to see Drew for a bit. Then I got a chance to talk with Josh for a good amount of time. I also saw Acie, Joe and Dominique in the hallway and they hugged me and told me they missed me! It seriously was a comment that could quite possibly make my year. Then I had a beer and saw Homer and then had to drive back. Luckily my boss let me sleep in a little today. I am so wiped out.
I'm going back tonight though obviously. haha. I'm going to crash in Rob and Drew's room. I wish Beth could go with me but she's got some things to do and with her dog it's just too hard for her to be gone and coordinate someone to watch him. So I'll be down there until the game ends (hopefully with an Aggie win) and then I'll drive up to Dayton til Sunday afternoon.
I'll leave you with some pictures from yesterday. As you can tell, I'm Josh's biggest fan. :)












1 comment:
I am so jealous, you got to go to the game, sit with Rob, see Drew and the A&M players. If that had happened to me, my head would have exploded.
Lea
Post a Comment