Beth and I live in the world of non-cable television stations. We only have a few, like the regulars: NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX...we also have like 5 PBS stations (I'm not sure where they exist on cable, if they exist at all), the CW and now an extra little channel that used to be another FOX channel. The station is called "THIS!" and basically they show movies of people who were not really famous at the time but eventually got famous and made a crappy movie in the past. Actually, it's probably most Hollywood stars' worst nightmare in terms of a television station's "mission statement."
Last night, Beth and I were hooked on the movie they were showing on THIS!. It was called Dream Lover and starred James Spader (R.I.P., Boston Legal) and Madchen Amick (who Beth pointed out was Sherry from Gilmore Girls).
Anyway, here is the synopsis:
Ray is young, charming, successful and the owner of a prosperous architect company. However, he has recently gone trough a very painful divorce. His friends try to cheer him up by showing him the positive sides of being single but for Ray marriage and stability is just too important. But when he meets Lena his gloom is quickly forgotten. She is beautiful, sensual, mysterious and he is drawn to her like a moth to a candle. They marry quickly, have their first child and Ray lives in a total bliss. But then strange incidents occur which shed some light on Lenas background. Ray slowly realises that he hardly knows anything about her at all. Who has he really married?
Doesn't this sound like a Lifetime movie?? Or maybe strictly a USA movie event? Apparently it was released in all sorts of countries!! It didn't end until midnight, and we stayed up to watch this dumb thing. I think the weirdness of it made us want to keep watching. Sadly, we stayed awake to see that it had the most anti-climactic ending of all time. This was clearly not the proudest moment for either of the main actors in this, but I'm sure they're glad to know that THIS! decided to run it last night. Maybe they still get paid royalties!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so jealous!!!! I will campaign to get that station here in LA. Maybe they'll play that one movie of Selma Hayek breast feeding a baby to save it's life before she became famous. She used to have to show her tits to get on tv, but now...wait what? Huh? She did what? Hm. You don't say...
Post a Comment