I got back from Canada on Saturday. That city is actually pretty great. Canada in general is a great place. The people are nice, it's really clean there, and they love sports. All the bars are non-smoking which is fantastic.
The bowl game was pretty good. The game was close, so that made it fun to watch. I had a few comments on it, though. First, I really can't stand Americans sometimes. We're overconfident about our country and think we're so wonderful. Before they had finished playing the Canadian national anthem, people were cheering and being so loud that you couldn't hear the end of the song. Nice way to treat the country you're visiting. Freaking backwoods morons. So then we have the game. The Cincinnati players were acting like this was going to be a cakewalk of a game. And of course they won by 3 points...did I mention they played Western Michigan??? Some cakewalk. And on top of that they complained about their bowl gifts. Excuse me? You are complaining about free stuff. You are complaining about getting bowl gifts, when you really don't deserve to even be AT a bowl game. Ugh.
Finally, Beth and I got everything finalized on a house. It's really cute. Beth went with the guy who did the home inspection and it went really well. So everything's good! Here's a link. And on top of it, there was a deal with the bank (i think) for when you closed that you could pick between a few things kind of as bonuses...and one of them was a free vacation for two! So we will get to go on a vacation, which Beth really really really wants and needs. A vacation where you don't do much, at least.
Well, back to work. School is in session. I'm surprised i had time to write this!!!
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment